News

City Grants – TEDxIvanoFrankivskWomen

Five projects became winners within the third wave of City Grants Program. One of them is “TEDxIvanoFrankivskWomen–BeYourselfconference” project. The subject matter of this project is progressive education.

The project team organized the conference that aims to find a new role of women in society and to understand how women can create a new future. The TEDxWomen speakers’ stories helped reduce stereotypes and helped to see the phenomena of modern and active women in society.

On 29th of October, eleven successful women shared their success stories and lessons in the hall of Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Philharmonic. According to TED rules, only women could be the TEDxWomen speakers. For the first time, Ivano-Frankivsk had a conference with such a format, and for the sixth time in Ukraine. The key points of several speeches you can find in the article of “Reporter” newspaper. Between speakers’ presentations, Roman Vintoniv (better known as Michael Shchur) entertained the guests of the conference.

The conference became a platform for new ideas exchange and meaningful dialogues about the the role of women in society. 72% of visitors were from Ivano-Frankivsk, the other 28% came from Lviv, Kyiv, Ternopil, and Lutsk. The average age of conference members was 28 years old. 80% of the conference members visited TEDx for the first time. A poll found that the majority of visitors were seeking inspiration and new ideas.

The conference was preceded by various information and promotion events. In general, more than 50 young and active people (volunteers) helped to arrange the conference and received  experience organizing a large-scale conference event (event concept development, adjustment of speakers, training strategy, arrangement of the event itself, etc.).

Presentations from the eleven speakers of TEDxIvanoFrankivskWomen conference were uploaded on the TEDx website, which is visited by thousands of visitors from all around the world: https://www.ted.com/

According to event planner Khrystyna Vintoniv, Ivano-Frankivsk is waiting for an equally gripping new thematical event by the TEDx local team.

Information: 
The City Grants Program was created in September 2015 to boost and support the initiatives, NGOs, and communities aimed at the implementation of practical projects raising quality of life in the city, and involving the local community in the development of Ivano-Frankivsk.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

×